Thoughts on a Challenging Journey

A journal composed during the day-to-day trials of a prolonged battle with colon cancer, updating friends and family on treatment, attitudes, thoughts, and feelings.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Memorial Fund

We have been inundated with requests for the address to send donations for the memorial fund Sandi wanted us to establish in her name. She felt so very strongly about this, I know she would be happy that so many of you are wanting to contribute.

Citizens Bank of Rogersville
Sandra Gaddy Memorial Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 50
Rogersville, MO 65742

We had a beautiful memorial service for Sandi last night out at the middle school where she taught and it would have meant a lot to her to see so many of her students in attendance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not sure if you still get on here and check this, however, i hope by the grace of God you do. My name is Jennah Custer and I was the one sobbing at Sandra's Memorial. I giggle now, but at the time my heart was breaking. I miss her, and can only imagine what you and your family feel everyday. I am writing because I came across a CD she had given me oh about 4 or 5 years ago and on the front it reads Tumbling Down. It is her very first original draft, that i am aware of, of her book she was writing, which i'm sure you're all too familiar with. Anyway, I'm sure her kids would like to have something like that of hers back. She gave it to me to proof read. I know!! Imagine trying to tell your creative writing teacher what she needs to change about her story lol needless to say it never got back to her, and i would like the family to have it rather than me.

So hopefully you get this soon. I will hang on to it as long as it takes.

I used to work at Subway a few months ago, and Mike and the kids came in one day and I just about lost it. My prayers go out to you everyday. I am not sure how you look at that little girl and not see Sandra's eyes. I guess thats normal!

Just know that I cared about her and that the gift of writing and actually loving it that she wanted to pass on... well i recieved that gift from her. I was that unreachable student that she reached and instilled the joy of putting a pen to a paper.

You can reach me at my house
417 753 3663

Thank you for your time and God Bless,


Jennah

May 19, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home