Thoughts on a Challenging Journey

A journal composed during the day-to-day trials of a prolonged battle with colon cancer, updating friends and family on treatment, attitudes, thoughts, and feelings.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

10 Days

That is all it has been, 10 days folks! I got to go home last week to do the Relay for Life with some friends in Cabot and see my own children for a few days and reacquaint myself with my own house and I get nothing but grief about the blog not being updated, gees.... Just kidding, I know you guys want updates and info so I will try to do better.

Sandi is continuing to do well. She hasn't made it out of bed to go outside again mostly due to the fact that it rained for a while and then she has been more out of breath here lately making it more difficult to get out of bed. When you have been laying there for 1o weeks plus a few days it takes quite a toll on the strength in your extremities! When she is feeling up to it she does a bit of Physical Therapy to try to maintain some muscle strength but she can't exactly jump up and dance a jig!

Sandi got to spend a great Mother's day with her family. I had borrowed Logan and Lauren for the weekend to visit their cousins in Arkansas and attend the Relay and help with a Girl Scout project but they wanted to be home to see mom for mother's day. Sandi got lots of beautiful flowers and her room smells like a florist shop more than a hospital room.

Amazingly she is even getting flowers from our old high school and friends we haven't heard from in years and years. Sandi is managing to pull people back together even from her hospital bed! She keeps telling us that God isn't done with her yet and as each day passes I realize how true that is. His work through her life is truly an inspiration to all of us.

She has loved the visits from old friends and students. It helps to keep up the hope and the drive to keep fighting. Feel free to stop by and visit, she is in the Walnut Lawn transitional facility in room 304. The west entrance is the easiest to find her room from. Please just keep in mind that she tires easily and talking can be difficult and do not outstay your welcome!

More tomorrow I hope!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i'm glad to here that you got to be with your family for mothers day! That is also amazing that her old friends from high school got you flowers! Well we just finished a presentation in English on a product that we made but nobody took it very seriously. We all thought that with you there we would have had a lot more fun with it! We miss you SO much! It just isn't the same without you! Two and a half days of school left though! THANK GOODNESS!!! I am SO ready for summer! Well I hope to see you soon and i'm thinking of you!
Love Always!,
Ellie Breaux :)

May 16, 2007 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Cindy Baum said...

Kristi,
Thank you so much for the update. We know you have things to do, other than updating the blog. Sandi is so lucky to have a wonderful family, full of support! I pray for all of you everyday.
God Bless,
Cindy Baum

May 17, 2007 at 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Gaddy
I am really glad that you are still doing good, nothing to be scared about thank goodness. I plan to come see you when school gets out. Today in English we had to take a test, like 2 days before the last day, I wish you were back. I can't wait to see you again. I hope u had a great mother's day. Maybe now that it's summer u can go outside again soon. I bet your kids are teasing each other about school since one gets out before the other. I know I would. We are in civics right now, in the lab. Oh ya we are disecting frogs in science and it is sooooo gross. i won't give you details, cause it is soooooo gross. It smells horrible. Well I hope you get better soon,
Love,
Abby Steelman Keep fighten and don't give up until that stuff is gone! luv ya lots

May 18, 2007 at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home