Thoughts on a Challenging Journey

A journal composed during the day-to-day trials of a prolonged battle with colon cancer, updating friends and family on treatment, attitudes, thoughts, and feelings.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Slacking Off

It has been brought to my attention that I have been lax in my duties as the assistant keeper of the blog lately and that I should have been updating more frequently. The days tend to blend together and if I had not put the day of the week into the title of the last post I would have sworn it was much more recent than that!

Not much has changed and I am almost certain that most of you do not need or want to know the day to day goings on up here at Cox South. Sandra is feeling better still and is actually kind of bored and at loose ends now that she is feeling more stable. We are not sure if going home is in the near future and we are looking at her options if the insurance company decides that she does not need to be in a hospital situation anymore but we are very happy with the care and concern of the staff here. Many of the nurses and aides and support staff have come to see what the rest of us have always seen in Sandi and they are part of our day to day routine these days. We have been blessed to have great nurses that only want the best for her. She has a great group of people here that are seeing to her every need and are keeping her comfortable.

Most of the huge influx of family has slowed down and now that we know we are in for a longer duration we are trying to pace ourselves. I know that Sandi misses attending church and other functions where she was able to connect with her friends and students. Know that you are all on her mind frequently and that she is trying her best to improve. Keep the prayers and cards coming, they make for bright spots in her long monotonous days here in the hospital!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings to the slacker, Sandi, and the rest of the clan. Thank you for keeping the blog updated, actually my friends at work have enjoyed keeping up with this amazing friend of mine with the Iron will---a true inspiration to all of us. All of our prayers are with all of you daily. Kris, thanks for taking care of our girl. :-)
Love to all of you,
Mary

March 19, 2007 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, This is to my beloved middle skool english teacher, Mrs. Gaddy....

I have heard so meny different things about your progress and I decided to check it out for myself...

It seems to me that you are doing better than we have all expected. (Im refering to the high skool students and staff when i say "we")

It scared everyone to death when they went on the intercom saying that you were in the hospital...

needless to say, I'm VERY glad to hear your feeling better and I want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers... Keep it up...

Also just to fill you in on some of the jazz at the high skool... Mrs. Smith has resigned in teaching choir... and it goes into affect next year....And if we fall asleep in class, we get drug searched.... crazy rule huh?

Anyway, I miss you very much and will be talking to you more via internet...

Luv &Hugz!!!!
Amanda(Mandy) Rhoades

March 19, 2007 at 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs.Gaddy,
I have to hurry and type this becuase we are getting ready for a quiz in English, not fun! How are you doing? I hope you can start updating your blog becuase I know you would like that alot. I miss you so much. I wish you were our English teacher again you tought me so much in the little time we had you. I have been learning alot lately but you tought me lots more. I hope you can come back really soon! We all miss, love, and pray for you lots!

Love your student,
Abby Steelman I MISS U!!!!

March 20, 2007 at 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see an update! Thanks Kristi!!! Sandi, you are such a trooper and inpiration! My thoughts are with you each and every day!
xoxo,
Ronda

March 20, 2007 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristi , Thanks for the update and Sandy glad to hear that you are feeling better and we are all pulling for you . Well spring is officially here and our jonquil's are blooming . You are in our prayer's .

Lonnie & Linda Hensley

March 21, 2007 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Cindy Baum said...

Hey guys!
Kristi, Thank you so much for the update. I was going to call someone today since I hadn't heard anything in a while.
Sandi,
I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. WOW! I've been praying for God to stand by your side. It is so amazing what prayers can do! I hope and pray for you to be stong enough to get to go home soon. Many, many thoughts and prayers,
Cindy Baum

March 21, 2007 at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home