Thoughts on a Challenging Journey

A journal composed during the day-to-day trials of a prolonged battle with colon cancer, updating friends and family on treatment, attitudes, thoughts, and feelings.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday Again

We are well into week 4 here, Sandi will have been here for four weeks this Thursday and unless she gets some strength and can begin to eat solid foods a bit better she is going to be here for a while longer! I think she has watched more daytime TV in the past three and a half weeks than in her entire adult life combined but there is not much else to do and she gets so drowsy she can't concentrate to read either! I know, for all of us who know her well it is difficult to digest the thought of Sandi having to choose television over a book but these are crazy times! I will make sure to update you if anything major changes anytime soon, so far it has been pretty quiet and it is hard to argue with that. She is still strong, at least in the emotional sense of the word, now if only her body would follow suit! Keep her in your prayers, every last one helps!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Gaddy. How ya feeling? I hope good! It's finally spring break and it is awesome! I have been doing nothing really. I hope you get better soon. I know you will, maybe you'll even get to come see us before the year is up! that would be so fun. I hope you get to feeling better and we will all keep praying and hoping you get better real soon.
love your student,
Abby Steelman GET BETTER SOON!!!

March 27, 2007 at 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Gaddy

March 28, 2007 at 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Gaddy
The last post was from me I had this huge letter wrote and the darn computer would not post it. So, the other post was to see if it would work. I just wanted to see how you are feeling and to say HI. Tell everyone else hi for me. I will continue to constatnly pray for you and your family. You are a fighter just keep fighting the fight and you will beat this. Thanks so much for everything, you have done more for me than you will ever know. Thanks,I owe ya one!

Hugs and Prayers,
Austin Dinwiddie

P.S The last letter was much better, wish it would have sent, maybe next time.

March 28, 2007 at 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home