Thoughts on a Challenging Journey

A journal composed during the day-to-day trials of a prolonged battle with colon cancer, updating friends and family on treatment, attitudes, thoughts, and feelings.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Change in Plans

Well, I may have been premature in telling all of you that Sandi was moving to Walnut Lawn. Sandi's doctors have decided that perhaps some targeted radiation would help her reduce a few of her tumors and that would be too hard to do from farther away so she is staying here! YEAH! We were dreading having to move everything and leave the staff here! She is comfortable here and it doesn't matter to her where she is so this works for now!

I know that I asked for Posters but I think that what we need now is a card shower! I know that a lot of you would like to come up and visit but in many cases that is not possible and would be overwhelming but thoughts and cards are a great way to let her know we are still thinking of her even though she has been here for over a month now. The hospital address is Cox South Medical Center 3801 S. National, Springfield MO 65807

I will try to keep up on the blog but I am heading home today and will keep up on Sandi's condition for all of you, unfortunately my family wants to see me for a few days so I am off to spend Easter at home!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Gadddy,
I just wanted to say hi. It sounds like that was god news. Atleast you dont have to leave the place and people you know. Thanks so much for all you do. Just hang in their and it'll get better, continusely praying for you and your family. Your a fighter so just keep fighting, the fight.

Hugs and Prayers,
Austin Dinwiddie

April 5, 2007 at 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Gaddy, How ya feeling? I'm glad you don't have to leave the hospital that would have been a headache unless you wanted to leave. I don't know if this is true but I had heard at school that you gained 2 lbs that is great. Gain some more and youll almost be there. MAP testing is almost here i know you asked me about that we have like 5 days or so. I wish you could be there. I hope you get better really soon.
Love,
Abby Steelman

April 5, 2007 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Gaddy family,
I am sad that I am unable to be there in person, however God and I are having a continuous dialogue about my dear friend Sandi and her family. Sandi you give new meaning to the phrase "lead by example." My admiration for your and your family only continues to grow. I agree with your students..You are a fighter, just keep fighting!!!

Love and prayers,
Mary

April 6, 2007 at 3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Gaddy,
I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I was thinking of you. AND to let you know that I still haven't forgotten you, even though you said I would. I'm praying for you.
Marissa Kolb

April 6, 2007 at 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs.Gaddy!!! Wow, I miss you so much! It's great that you have gained some wieght, just hang in there and you'll see that things will get much brighter! I'm sure that you are very glad that you don't have to move, its always great to just be comfortable and not have to worry about all that extra moving stuff... well, MAP starts tomorrow in science and everybody is getting kinda nervous! It would be awesome if you were her to guide us through the English part of it! Well, get better soon, i know that you will!
Love,
Lauren Roy

April 9, 2007 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home