Thoughts on a Challenging Journey

A journal composed during the day-to-day trials of a prolonged battle with colon cancer, updating friends and family on treatment, attitudes, thoughts, and feelings.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Request for Sandi's Students

I know that this is going to come across as crazy to all of you but Sandi has gotten so much enjoyment out of the decorations and posters that her students made that I have a special request for them. Sandi is going to be moving to Walnut Lawn extended care facility early next week and we would love to have some new decorations for her room. She is getting people from other floors that want to see it and every time they bring up new student nurses they all stop by to see how cheery it is. If you have the time to make a few posters again she will be happy to have something new to look at!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy,
I would love for Sandi's classmates (Class of 1991) to be able to send her cards, flowers, etc. Can you please let me know what address would be best to send them? Thanks for all you are doing to keep us posted on Sandi!! Give her a big hug for me!
Ronda (jhelton307@aol.com)

March 28, 2007 at 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Mrs. Gaddy that we are thinking of her and would love to make her posters. She is still my favorite teacher ever!
Haley Cleous

March 28, 2007 at 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this is really nice how you are standing behind her like this. I am a high school student and I will see what I can do about the teachers letting us make a whole lot of posters and sighs. Just contiune to hang in there Mrs. Gaddy, I am still continuly praying left and right for you. Thanks so much for everything that you have done for me! It is amazing how you have so many students hearts and love for you. I am still Amazed by the suport of them. Tell ever one Hi for me Kristi, This is austin Dinwiddie, I still dont know her mother in-laws name, I would really like to be able to talk with her just once more, if possible I met her at the fundraiser I held For Mrs.Gaddys.

PLEASE TELL HER HI!!

Hugs and Prayers,
Austin Dinwiddie

P.S. I have deciated that I am going to be a high school speach and theatre teacher, and possible drama coach.



Thanks Austin

March 31, 2007 at 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mrs.gaddy!
oh gosh! i miss you like crazy! its definalty not the same without you!! if i ever had a bad day and would walk by your room, you would always make me feel better by just smiling or saying hey! you mean a lot to me and i hope you are compfortable in the new place you are staying!!! i will be praying for you and your family! you are an amazing person thanks for everything you've done for me!
i love you!!
~sheridan l. galloway~

April 26, 2007 at 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home