Thoughts on a Challenging Journey

A journal composed during the day-to-day trials of a prolonged battle with colon cancer, updating friends and family on treatment, attitudes, thoughts, and feelings.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hard to believe...

I can't believe it has been three years already! Still feels like it was just yesterday sometimes and others it feels like a hundred years ago! We are all doing well, I think Sandi would have been proud of the kids! They are growing like weeds, doing well in school and in so many ways taking after her! It is great to see them grow up and see little bits of her in them!

We still miss and think about her daily but mostly we remember the great impact she had on all of our lives!

We love you Sandi!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't believe it has been 3 years. I still remember so much about her and how much she taught me. I think that her memory will never be forgotten, people are always asking me about her and asking for little thing that I remember. I'm so happy that your family is doing so well, and that the kids are doing well in school. She would be so proud of all of you.

Thanks Kristi, I was looking forward to the post this year.

Hugs and Prayers, Austin Dinwiddie

June 3, 2010 at 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in such of a need for a Sandi talk. You always did know what to say at the exact moment. I miss your voice and wisdom saying things will work out and that God has a plan. You were awesome in everything you did and always could turn a frown around. Thanks for being a true friend, in a time of true need. I was so blessed to have known you and to have called you my friend.

Love always,
a friend

August 4, 2010 at 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this really isn't the place to put this, but I wanted Mrs. Gaddy to know. I felt like this was the best place for her to hear this. I dont know if that makes sense but she would be so proud of me.
I am writing my first Novel and there is a character who is just like her in every way. She is smart, funny, loyal, loving, and passionate in everything she does. She is just like you brave all the way to the core.
Thanks for everything and all your guidance! You are my hero, you just never knew it.

August 5, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home