Thoughts on a Challenging Journey

A journal composed during the day-to-day trials of a prolonged battle with colon cancer, updating friends and family on treatment, attitudes, thoughts, and feelings.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Diet ups and downs but progress on the Mexico front

It has been a few days since I posted, but time has flown by and I haven't been on my computer in days. I'm wrapping up things at work; tomorrow is my last day. The kids from school are bringing in some really kind gifts, including one candle that was lit at a special Christ candle in Jerusalem. It is said that anyone who burn the candle will be blessed by the special flame. It was a very special gift. In addition to gifts and goodbyes, I'm also trying to prepare my substitute for the first few weeks that I will be gone. She's doing a super job, but I feel like I have worked very hard this week.

At the beginning of the week I was pleased to have eaten well all weekend, and I celebrated putting on a pound and 1/2. Then for the next few days, I haven't felt well (my stomach), so I haven't done as well getting all my foods in and I feel like I'm backsliding. I haven't completed my food diary in the last few days, and I think that's part of my problem. I'm not sure what I've eaten and what I haven't, so I'm just trying to get in as much as I can. Tomorrow I will certainly get my menu plan done and all my foods consumed. It's hard to do that when you don't feel good. I know that being at home will be good, since at school I don't have time to eat all the food I bring. Still need to buy a scale so I can weigh here.

I'v had some treatments this week with my naturopathic doctor this week that involve something called frequency therapy. It destroys cancer cells with cycles of sound waves. I sit comfortably in a chair and hold what looks like jump rope handles in my fingertips. The sound waves then travel through my nervous system to target the cancer cells which break at a different point than healthy cells. Sounds hokey, but I've head of good results with the machine, so I have nothing to lose. I think I will research and try to find out more.

Yesterday I received detailed information about our treatments in Mexico. I sent the information to some people, but I didn't figure everyone wanted it. If you didn't get it and would like it, let me know. It is very complete, and I will be filling out the forms and sending it back to them. Then we will be almost ready to go. Right now we are working out some passport issues.

Time to go relax on the couch. Maybe I can get the kids to bed early so I can crash early too. Talk to you all soon!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Goforth said...

Sandi, I LOVE your blog comments! Great way to communicate!

Ben and I would love to spend more quality time with the kids. Please let us know when we can!

Any more thoughts on staying at your home or ours during your trip? Please keep us posted.

Know that you are continually in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya, Jo

December 17, 2006 at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home